Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A bowl of hot chili for a cold day

It is finally starting to look and feel like winter here at the ranch. We have gotten snow the past four days and the ground is covered in the white stuff, not a lot, but enough.
This is the view out the window of my sewing room. Love being able to see the snow.
It has me in the mind to make a big pot of chili. So I'm going to share my new favorite chili recipe. I have been making chili for years now, always the same recipe and the same ingredients. There was nothing wrong with it, it was a good chili. It is just with one simple addition the chili that I have been making all these years is so much better. So what is that simple ingredient? Masa also known as corn flour, yes the same stuff that is used to make tamales. It gives the chili a wonderful thickness and the added flavor is amazing. Now I can not take credit for this idea, that credit belongs to fellow blogger and foodie, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman and her Simple Perfect Chili
I add chopped onions and bell peppers to the pan when I'm cooking the meat, but other than that I did not make any changes to the recipe. So pull out a pot and fix you up some yummy chili to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again!