Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cranberry Jam

Here is my recipe for Cranberry Jam that I made just a week ago, finally getting around to putting the recipe up on here and on fellow blogger Fresh from the Farm for her recipe swap.  Make sure you stop by her great blog also to catch all the other great recipes, crafts and holiday ideas being shared http://farmchickskitchen.blogspot.com/

Cranberry Jam

12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
12 oz fruit juice (Cranberry, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Cherry or what ever is your favorite and the flavor you want to add to the cranberries
1 cup sugar

Mix the cranberries, juice and sugar in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the berries have burst and the sauce is thickened. You can let it cool down and then store in the refrigerator or multiple the recipe and can. One batch makes 3-4 half pints of jam. Just can it in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.

Enjoy on toast, bagel or English muffin for breakfast or with rolls and biscuits for dinner.


Hope you enjoy this recipe. One of my favorite for the holidays, ever since my husband's grandmother made it and gave it out for Christmas gifts.  Now I make a triple batch each year to have enough to last the year through.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy..I make something similar! :) THANK YOU so much for sharing and joining in on my Have a Holly Jolly Recipe Swap! :)
    Hope you will play again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of my favorite jams to make. Love that I can make it when the weather is cooler and not in the middle of summer when it is hot since I can it at the end. I also love the fact that I can change the flavor just by changing the juice that I add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!!Hoping your Thanksgiving was great. Stop by my blog -- would love for you to join in my Have a Holly Jolly Christmas Recipe Swap....again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again!