Friday, February 25, 2011

Casseroles #1 Tuna Noodle

Okay so I asked readers this week what were some recipes or ideas they would like to see in the next few posts. I got a request from Jency for casseroles and cheese rolls. The cheese rolls I'm working on but here are two casserole recipes. Another reader, Susan, asked for ideas for elk and deer and I have not forgotten you I as one of the casserole recipes is for venison. If anyone else has any questions or requests for recipes let me know in the comments section of the blog or on my Facebook page Tales of a Ranchers Wife.

This first recipe is one that I grew up with my mom cooking and it was always one of my favorites. It has now become one of the favorites at my house, so much so that if I'm feeding our hired help Weston along with the family I have to make a double batch just to feed everyone.


Tuna Noodle Casserole (single batch)

3 cups egg noodles
1 7 oz can of tuna in water drained
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese

1) Cook the noodles using the package directions and drain when done.
2)  Combine soup and milk and heat through.
3) While that heats combine the noodles, tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, bell peppers.
4) When soup and milk are heated add shredded cheese and stir until melted then pour over the noodle mixture and stir and put in a 2 quart casserole dish and bake uncovered at 425 for 20 minutes.

I top ours with more shredded cheese before putting it in the oven, but that is up to you. You can also add other veggies such as peas or chopped cooked broccoli as this is great way to "sneak" some veggies past the kids. Serve with some bread and you have a meal ready to go. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again!