Monday, April 4, 2011

One Pan Chocolate Cake

If you are like me there are times that I just crave chocolate cake only to find out that I do not have everything to make a cake, not enough milk or eggs. Well here is a recipe that needs no eggs or milk and can be mixed and baked all in the same pan. I don't remember where I got this recipe from originally as I have it on a well used recipe card now, but I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

One Pan Cake

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups vegetable oil
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups cold coffe or water
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Pre-heat your oven to 350.
Stir together flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a 13x9 baking pan
Make 3 holes in the mixture. Pour oil in one, vinegar in one and vanilla in one.
Pour coffe over the whole and mix with a fork until well blended. Spread back into an even layer.
Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and top the mix with it.
Bake at  350 for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool in pan before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again!